"The Reader's Antidote" Candle Series: Tse Sai Pei
About "The Reader's Antidote" Project
We’ve all been there and we know how it feels — the ‘readers’ block’ — where your mind just swims in a sea of books, unsure of a destination. Our new series, “The Reader’s Antidote”, hopes to remedy this by inviting creative minds from all over the world to recommend their favourite book and respond to it in their own artistic ways. We hope this might just inspire you to step into the unknown and enjoy an adventure of a lifetime.
Recommended Book & Scent Pairing
- "Ways of Seeing" by John Berger
- Candle Fragrance: Neroli and Cedarwood essential oil blend with beeswax (made in collaboration with Essencial Candles)
About TSE SAI PEI (JASMINE)
Jasmine Tse, aka Tse Sai Pei, is a writer/illustrator in Hong Kong and currently teaches at the Academy of Visual Arts, Hong Kong Baptist University. Tse started her creative career in 2012 and is mostly known for her humorous take on the mundanities of daily life. She draws her inspiration from the cultural heritage and social events of Hong Kong and has published close to 10 books to date. Illustration aside, her works have been showcased in exhibitions, and she has created animations for music videos and advertisements with much fervour.
Shipping and delivery
- Free shipping is offered on orders over HK$800 (except for artworks including original art pieces, art prints and sculptures etc.)
- For standard shipping, orders will be delivered by Hongkong Post or SF Express
- You can also opt for self-pickup at our studio in JCCAC, Shek Kip Mei
- For overseas customers, your shipping fee will be calculated based on the weight and size of your purchase. An estimated fee will be available on our checkout page before you confirm the payment, please message us @scentoryhk on Instagram or email us at email@example.com for confirmation.
- We currently work all major shipping service providers.