"The Reader's Antidote" Candle Series: Niki Usagi
About "The Reader's Antidote" Project
We’ve all been there and we know how it feels — the ‘readers’ block’ — where your mind just swims in a sea of books, unsure of a destination. Our new series, “The Reader’s Antidote”, hopes to remedy this by inviting creative minds from all over the world to recommend their favourite book and respond to it in their own artistic ways.
Recommended Book & Scent Pairing
- "Journey by Moonlight" by Antal Szerb
- Candle Fragrance: Cinnamon, Orange and Grapefruit essential oil blend with beeswax (made in collaboration with Essencial Candles)
About the Artist: Niki UsagiNiki Usagi was born in Budapest, Hungary in 1987. She has been a self-taught artist since childhood, using mainly traditional materials such as acrylic, gouache, pencil, ink and paper. Her most recent work is based on paper cut techniques. Inspired by Cubism, Fauvism and Expressionism, she incorporates bold colours with geometric shapes to create unusual combinations. Usagi currently lives and works in London.
Shipping and delivery
- Free shipping is offered on orders over HK$800 (except for artworks including original art pieces, art prints and sculptures etc.)
- For standard shipping, orders will be delivered by Hongkong Post or SF Express
- You can also opt for self-pickup at our studio in JCCAC, Shek Kip Mei
- For overseas customers, your shipping fee will be calculated based on the weight and size of your purchase. An estimated fee will be available on our checkout page before you confirm the payment, please message us @scentoryhk on Instagram or email us at email@example.com for confirmation.
- We currently work all major shipping service providers.